How often have you come up with a great feature idea, only to realize that it’s going to take way too long to launch? Maybe you’ve been told “no” by your engineering team, or you’re not sure how to get started. In either case, you’re not alone.
But there is a solution: using GitScrum to move quickly from feature idea to launch.
GitScrum is a project management tool that helps product managers and engineers work together effectively. With GitScrum, you can create a product roadmap and kick off work on your new feature in just 1 month.
What is a product roadmap and why do you need one?
A product roadmap is a high-level plan that outlines your product’s goals and how you plan to achieve them.
It is a critical tool for any product team because it helps keep everyone aligned and focused on the big picture.
You can think of it as a strategic document that outlines your product’s vision, goals, milestones and key initiatives. The best roadmaps are always evolving because your product will never be finished.
They should be living documents that reflect the current state of your product and the changes and updates you are planning for the future.
How to create a product roadmap
Coming up with a product roadmap is the first step to getting your new feature off the ground. A product roadmap is a high-level plan that outlines your feature’s goals, key milestones and the order in which you plan to achieve them. Without a roadmap, it can be tough to prioritize your work and keep everyone on track.
Here are four steps to creating a product roadmap that will help you launch your feature in just one month:
1. Define your feature’s goals. What are you trying to achieve with this new addition? Make sure your goals are clear and concise.
2. Outline your key milestones. These are the steps you need to take in order to achieve your goals.
3. Decide the order in which you’ll achieve them. This will be based on your priorities and timeline.
4. Create a timeline for each milestone. This will help you stay on track and ensure that each step is completed on time.
How to get your engineering team on board
It’s important to get your engineering team on board as soon as possible. They need to understand the feature and what’s required from them in order to get it ready for launch. There are a few things you can do to make sure everyone’s on the same page:
1. Share the product roadmap with your team and explain the vision for the feature.
2. Make sure they have all the details they need, including information about user flows, design mockups, and data requirements.
3. Keep them in the loop during development and get their feedback on each milestone.
4. Thank them for their hard work when the feature is finally launched!
Launching your feature in just 1 month
How long does it usually take you to launch a new feature? A few months? More? With GitScrum, you can compress that timeline down to just 1 month. Here’s how it works: the product owner creates a product roadmap and shares it with the engineering team.
From there, the team kicks off work and starts coding. The product owner constantly communicates with the team to ensure that everyone is on track and that the feature is delivered on time.
When it’s done, the product owner launches the new feature—and everyone celebrates!
Having a product roadmap is essential for any business, as it helps you plan your product’s development and keeps everyone on the same page. With GitScrum, you can create a product roadmap in minutes and launch your feature in just 1 month.